Have your requirements signed off for your next rank advancement?
Troop 889’s next Board of Review for Rank Advancement will be held on Monday February 23rd, 2015
To sign up for this BOR please email Marian Flattum no later than WEDNESDAY February 18th with the FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
1. Scout’s name
2. rank you are presenting for, and
3. date of your Scout Master / Assistant Scout Master conference.
1. ADULT VOLUNTEERS NEEDED:
If you are available, please let Marian know.
BSA Rules state that for each Board there must be a minimum of 3 registered BSA Adult Members that are not already a Scout Master or Assistant Scout Master. Please consider volunteering for upcoming BORs. It is fun and easy to do, and if we have enough people, it is only 2 hours of your time to get know the great scouts we have in our troop.
2. SCOUTS – COMPLETED HANDBOOKS:
All Rank requirements must be completed before signing up for a BOR. If a Scout Master conference is still required, you must send me an email with the date you have scheduled with a SM or ASM for your conference, confirmed by the SM/ASM.
3. SCOUTS – UNIFORMS:
Scouts, if you are sitting for First Class or above, you must be in full uniform of shirt, neckerchief, and appropriate badges & emblems, including pants, socks, belt, and sash with merit badges attached. Please be sure that you have the proper rank badge attached to your uniform. If you are sitting for Tenderfoot, and Second Class, your uniform consists of BSA regulation shirt, neckerchief and slide, and appropriate badges and emblems. If you have questions, please contact Marian Flattum or Sue DalMoro
Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
Congratulations to everyone for another successful Troop 889 Tree Lot fundraiser!
Thank you to all Scouts and Parents for all your hard work!
Special thanks go to the following parents who took on extra responsibility to head up one of the areas below:
- Scheduling of Scouts/Parents: Donna Pistolis / Krista Smerz
- Advertising/Sponsorship: Tom Cinnamon / Neha Shah
- Adult Breakfast Kick-off: Pat Draz
- Lunch Coordinators: Neha Shah / Pat Draz
- Adult Lunch Coordinator: Von Alcedo / Neha Shah / Pat Draz
- Electric Hook-up Coordinators: Mike Crawley / Rick Mason / Chuck Clark
- Platform Layout Coordinator: Mark Hagerman
- Tree Stand Coordinators: John Born / John Ehlert
- Fence Layout Coordinator: Don Dal Moro
- Tree Count Coordinators: Sue Dal Moro / Pam Bauman
- Wreath Decorating Coordinator: Shelly Cinnamon
- Collection of Money: Matt Sincic / Pat Draz / Somu Chandramowliswaran / Bill Glase
- Customer Tree Delivery and 10 other jobs around the Tree Lot: Tony Smerz
Special thanks also to our Corporate Sponsors who supported our Tree Lot fundraiser with financial donations:
Happy Holidays everyone!
Lord Robert Baden-Powell, the founder of the Boy Scouts, once said “Teach Scouts not how to get a living, but how to live’. Since Scouting began over 100 years ago, the program has been continuously updated, but the fundamentals remain: to develop future leaders by combining educational activities and lifelong values with fun. Troop 889 offers a year-round adventure-based program designed to offer and encourage effective character, citizenship, and fitness training for boys age 11-17.In addition to camping, Scouts are able to earn advancement and merit badge awards by learning and demonstrating skills within a particular area of study.
Troop meetings are held most Monday evenings in the Gymnasium at Wheatland Salem United Methodist Church. WSUMC is our Chartering Organization and is located on the southeast corner of the intersection of Book Rd. and 95th St. in Naperville, IL.
Address: 1852 W. 95th Street, Naperville, IL 60564
Time: 7:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Nicholas Pistolis is one of our newest Eagle Scouts. He held his Eagle Court of Honor on the 9th of March. He successfully passed his Board of Review on November 4, 2013.
For his Eagle Scout Project he built a fire ring and benches for 360 Youth Services.
He had an amazing turnout for his Court of Honor. He also had the Keynote Speech presented by Mr. Koberstine. Let’s support him as he works towards gaining Palms, achievements a scout can earn after he becomes an Eagle Scout.